GHI Electronics is “Where Hardware Meets Software”
Founded in 2003, we aimed to provide consulting, manufacturing and drop-in solutions that reduced risk, cost and complexity. Backed by these services, we became a global leader in electronics engineering and manufacturing. As we move into the future, we plan on continuing our cutting-edge innovations and look forward to providing our customers with exceptional products and services. Success and growth are part of our company structure. Our highly trained staff and internal organization allows us to handle orders of any size, from prototypes to thousands of units.
Engineering USA Production
We are proud to say that our software and hardware engineering, circuit board assembly and product support are all done locally in our facility in Michigan, USA. Our industry standard production line produces top quality products at an economical rate, allowing us to compete with Asian pricing, at a higher quality.
Years of Innovation
- Invented a universal compute module standard and released several modules following the standard
- Released TinyCLR OS, a modern, portable and extendable .NET embedded operating system
- Became an official design partner for Octavo Systems’ System-in-Package (SiP) technology.
- Entered into a partnership with Beagleboard.Org Foundation to become an official manufacturer.
- We were a design and manufacturing launch partner for the BeagleBone Black Wireless.
- Introduced the G30 and G80 SoCs (System-on-Chip), the worlds smallest and low cost .NET Micro Framework chipset on the market.
- Introduced ALFAT-2 FAT file system chipset with SD-Reader mode. Continuing to be the most advanced FAT file system chipset available.
- Introduced G400-D and G400-S SoMs, the most advanced NETMF products on the market.
- ALFAT FAT file system chipset is updated with a modern processor, built-in USB Host and a Long Filename (LFN) license from Microsoft. ALFAT reaches speeds of 4,000 KB per second to be one of the fastest file system solutions on the market.
- Introduced FEZ Hydra, the first 100% Open-Source Hardware (OSHW) 200 Mhz .NET Gadgeteer mainboard.
- Introduced G120 SoM, a new full-featured, low cost, NETMF module.
- Partnered with Microsoft on a new technology called .NET Gadgeteer, standardizing the way mainboards and modules connect.
- Introduced FEZ Spider, the first .NET Gadgeteer mainboard to market.
- Introduced the .NET Micro Framework based FEZ (Freakin’ Easy) product line, targeted for makers and educators.
- Introduced EMX and ChipworkX SoMs, running .NET Micro Framework, with more advanced features like SQLite.
- Signed a partnership with Microsoft on developing .NET Micro Framework devices.
- Introduced the Embedded Master SoM, the first .NET Micro Framework device with FAT File System and USB Host support.
- Introduced uALFAT, the first FAT File System chipset with Microsoft-patented Long File Name (LFN) technology and a Microsoft license for commercial use.
- Introduced ALFATxp, the first FAT File System chipset with JAVA VM.
- Introduced USBwiz, the first FAT File System chipset with USB Mass Storage support.
- ALFAT was upgraded to be the first FAT chipset with over 50 KB per second file access speed.
- Introduced ALFAT, the first FAT File System chipset on the market. The chipset handled files on SD, MMC and CF cards using serial commands over SPI and UART.