We no longer sell products directly from the GHI Electronics website, click here for more details. Please find a Distributor to complete your online order. If you have any questions regarding this notice please contact us at support@ghielectronics.com.

You must be logged in to reply.

Page 1 of 1 out of 7 messages.

Powering the G120 TH Module

Posted 1mth ago
by Mr. John Smith | Legend | 42,263 exp
Posted 1mth ago
I suspect that there is something wrong with my G120TH board. I'm providing 3v3 to it but the power light does not turn on. It only seems to turn on, when I power it via the usb cable.
Reply #1 — Posted 1mth ago
Reply #1 — Posted 1mth ago
Hum... I seems that the GND pin next to the 3v3 pin isn't working? Is that even possible or did I connect something wrong? I moved the GND pin and now it's working.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is?
Reply #2 — Posted 1mth ago
by Dave McLaughlin | Legend | 58,471 exp
Reply #2 — Posted 1mth ago
by Dave McLaughlin | Legend | 58,471 exp
Have you checked to see if there is continuity from that ground pin and another ground pin? Is it confirmed open circuit?
Reply #3 — Posted 1mth ago
Reply #3 — Posted 1mth ago
That pin has 9.3 ohms of resistance between it and the ground pins; wearas the other pins are .1 or less.
Reply #4 — Posted 1mth ago
by Brett | Superhuman | 125,590 exp
Reply #4 — Posted 1mth ago
bad solder joint....
Reply #5 — Posted 1mth ago
Reply #5 — Posted 1mth ago
From when I soldered the pin to the board? My goodness, that would be a horrifying bad solder joint then.
Reply #6 — Posted 1mth ago
Reply #6 — Posted 1mth ago
well I look at it this way - that's totes more believable than some other random failure in the GND plane of the PCB that's affecting 1 pin only. But hey, keep looking, or hit it with a soldering iron and see if resistance drops to a believable value Smiley

Page 1 of 1 out of 7 messages.

You must be logged in to reply.