We no longer sell products directly from the GHI Electronics website, click here for more details. Please find a Distributor to complete your online order. If you have any questions regarding this notice please contact us at support@ghielectronics.com.

You must be logged in to reply.

Page 1 of 4 out of 35 messages.

Upgrading our community’s platform

6 likes
Posted 3mth ago
by Gary_ghielectroncs | Employee
Posted 3mth ago
by Gary_ghielectroncs | Employee
We take pride in our community's level of knowledge and professionalism. We have shared and learned a lot from our members over the last 10 years! We think it is time to give our community some extra love by giving them the features they have been asking for.

Example requests:
• Better search
• Way to follow specific users
• Way to watch specific topics
• Improvements that help regular users to find things easier
• .... And the list goes on!

Thanks to the feedback that we have received from our insiders, we have chosen 2 candidates and they are quite different from each other. We want you to tell us which platform you prefer. So please go ahead and take them both out for a test drive for the next 10 days. Make new accounts, make some posts and replies and then come back here and tell us which one you want and why. After ten days we will take your feedback and make our decision.

If you have specific questions about those platforms, please post those questions on that platforms page, not here. Let's please keep this thread for feedback and voting only.

Discourse
This is not a traditional forum. It is a new fresh way of handling communities. It may be a bit confusing at first but try it for a few days before making a decision.
http://ghi.trydiscourse.com/

XenForo
This is very similar to our existing forum but it adds many new features.
http://ghielectronics.com/community2/
Reply #1 — Posted 2mth ago
by stotech | Senior | 1,926 exp
Reply #1 — Posted 2mth ago
I don't have the time at the moment to test either platform but I've got a suggestion of sorts.

I vote the new platform under consideration has a reward system of some sort. That way I wouldn't fell so guilty every time I stuff up and come crawling here for help. A buy me a coffee sort of thing wouldn't go astray.

Just a thought. Smiley
Reply #2 — Posted 2mth ago
by Brett | Superhuman | 125,590 exp
Reply #2 — Posted 2mth ago
by Brett | Superhuman | 125,590 exp
@stotech, to some degree, liking posts on the current platform provides that feedback, and points accumulate.
Reply #3 — Posted 2mth ago
by Mr. John Smith | Legend | 42,263 exp
Reply #3 — Posted 2mth ago
@Brett - He means something tangable, like pizza, or coffee etc (but not money).
2 likes
Reply #4 — Posted 2mth ago
Reply #4 — Posted 2mth ago
Money would be fine too I guess, you could do like a GHI store credits thing. Sometimes people go further out of the way to help me than they should for no reward. I just want to make sure those people hang around,
3 likes
Reply #5 — Posted 2mth ago
Reply #5 — Posted 2mth ago
@stotech - If they are answering your questions, they are most likely hanging around. +1 for the thought though.
Reply #6 — Posted 2mth ago
by ianlee74 | Superhuman | 127,688 exp
Reply #6 — Posted 2mth ago
by ianlee74 | Superhuman | 127,688 exp
Is this upgrade in progress? The last few days when I come here the only forums I see listed anymore are "News" and "Archive".
Posted 2mth ago
by Mike | Superhuman | 82,265 exp
Posted 2mth ago
by Mike | Superhuman | 82,265 exp
Post has been deleted.
Reply #8 — Posted 2mth ago
by Gus_ghielectroncs | Employee
Reply #8 — Posted 2mth ago
by Gus_ghielectroncs | Employee
@ianlee74 - this is a two week project. Sorry this is taking longer that anticipated.
2 likes
Reply #9 — Posted 2mth ago
Reply #9 — Posted 2mth ago
Oh Boy! I hope it goes quicker than my 2 week projects. Embarrassed I'm still carrying a few of those from 2016.

Page 1 of 4 out of 35 messages.

You must be logged in to reply.